Monday, May 28, 2012

Ponygirl Bits and their Uses in Training and Domination



Sometimes people will have specific questions, like "I have just bought a new captive and am turning her into a ponygirl - how can I break her will and make her more immediately obedient and useful in pulling carts and racing?" or "My pony seems distracted while training, how can I get her complete attention with less effort on my part than constantly whipping her?"  Also, people will often comment on my ponies and how well behaved they are, how eager they are to obey, to delight not just me but any who cart them or use them.  While I am always flattered, I think that a lot has to do with using the proper bit for each pony, at the proper time.

Let me explain, using Biscuit.  Biscuit, my current favourite, is a handsome dark pony, 6’2” in her hooves and is a well tamed and good mannered animal I first saw in the office where she worked.  I was taken by her appearance and was intrigued by her resemblance to Anne Hathaway’s character in The Devil Wears Prada.  I thought that she could make an elegant little show and carting animal, and indeed that has been the case.  It is hardly worth recounting our meeting, her poisoning and then her branding and being locked into tack.  I took out 4 of her teeth of course, the better to seat a nice bit firmly against her delicate gums.  By the way, when I extract an animal’s teeth, I aim for the molars just behind the canines on the top and the molars two behind the canines on the bottom – this has the effect of pushing the ponygirl’s lower jaw out in alignment with her top jaw, and the resulting thrust forward serves to further dehumanize a ponygirl.

One of the things I like the most about making a ponygirl from a human is that first time she realizes that the posture collar that holds her neck up so high and proud and the bridle the encircles her head are even the reins are not the main event.  No, it is when I pinch her nose to force her mouth open that first time and a bit is placed between her teeth and she feels it hold her tongue – only pony sounds from then on! – and she feels it move her head in synch with the reins that she realizes that this is way more than she bargained for.  That look of wild panic in the pony’s eyes – it is delicious!
Of course, most ponies will fight that first bit.  That is why I like to give them a taste, but only a taste of a regular hard black rubber bit, and let then toss their head and fight it if only for a moment.  Then almost immediately I replace it with a training or snaffle bit.  Oh, my the pony notices an instant difference and her eyes open wide as the barbs reward any movement against the reins with a biting pain on her gums, her tongue and her cheek!

Biscuit took only a few minutes to learn to answer even the lightest movement of the reins in my hands with the appropriate turn of her head and her body.  She quickly learned as well to speed up with a flick of the reins up and down on her back and to instantly slow in proportion to my pulling back on her reins.  Within a few days she was completely in tune with my every twitch, so much so that when I replaced her bit with a rubber one there was no change – her body had trained her mind, and of course she realized that if I ever felt the slightest hesitation in her obedience to her reins, then the snaffle would be replaced in her mouth until perfect compliance was restored.

I also love to use a ball bit, above.  This blocks the pony’s use of her tongue, and it provides a bit of color to her face.  It is more uncomfortable for the pony, and again it can be a light form of discipline.



Finally, we have a ring bit.  This is a really interesting piece of tack.  I find that ponies immediately understand that they are open and vulnerable with it – you can almost see them look around for a stallion who may wish to use them!  I find that it creates a sense of closeness – the pony with a ring bit typically will almost cower close to her trainer, humiliated and open to use.  Of course, stallions do love to see a filly or mare ring gagged – it is indeed an open invitation for them!



There you have it!  Hope you enjoyed it and please, as always, leave comments or thoughts!    

No comments:

Post a Comment