Thursday, May 3, 2012

Training My PonyGirl, Biscuit


Working on Biscuit

A ponygirl takes constant attention, and a freshly broken animal requires that, plus hard work to rebuild its confidence.  This morning I had a RL train trip, but I did stop by Frilly Filly Farm to work Biscuit out.  She was in her stall at 6:20 AM GMT!  I had a great welcoming whinney and so I slipped into wooly jumper and jeans and went to fetch her.  I held out her reins and she bowed low, then kissed them with her lips, working around her snaffle punishment bit.  I took pity on her and snapped out the snaffle and put in a fresh black rubber bit, then led her out to the slalom track.  I told her to keep at it until she got below 18 seconds and 0 faults.  I was soooooo surprised when she accomplished it on her 6th attempt!  She has clearly been practicing and I was pleased.  I will keep her at it until she can consistently get 3 consecutive runs in below 18, and clear of faults. 

I moved her over to the hot walker.  I like to use this to train a pony to emote.  Her task:  5 good strong full emotes about her bridle.  I did not like her first two tries!

 I gave her some hints as to what I wanted:
[23:03] Nuts Bakalava loves slipping the bit into Biscuit's eager mouth and tightening it in place. It pulls back the pony's pink lips and makes Nuts feel completely in control
[23:04] Nuts Bakalava tugs on the reins, leading the pony to the right, safely down the road. A tiny pull is enough, now that Biscuit is trained, to send her exactly where Nuts wishes

Then, she managed to rattle off some reasonable, but not great emotes.  We will work on it!
[23:05] Biscuit loves the feel of the bit as her Mistress places in her mouth, feels it being tightened, her pink lips pulled back., knowing she is now under her Mistress total control
[23:06] Nuts Bakalava: Another? How does the plume feel on your forehead, for example? IMAGINE this!
[23:07] Biscuit feels the tug on the reins, as her Mistress guides her safely down the road, taking her wherever her Mistress chooses
[23:07] Biscuit holds her head up high, as she prnces dow the road, feeling the gentle weight of her plume as it blows in the soft breeze
[23:07] Nuts Bakalava nods! Another, Biscuit!
[23:10] Biscuit feels her tight harness gripping her body with every move that she makes
[23:11] Biscuit feeels the weight of the bellled pierced through her nose as it tinkles with every twitch of her head
[23:11] Nuts Bakalava shakes her head - I want emotes about your bridle, bit and reins, Biscuit - that one is good, but it does not count.
[23:12] Biscuit felt the rush of excitement as her Mistress offered her reins to her, to kiss, knowing that those reins meny exercise time wit her Mistress
[23:13] Nuts Bakalava nods - better, but we will practice until you are superb and presentable.

Well, now I am off to the train station – perhaps I will find her this evening?  I sure hope so!




No comments:

Post a Comment