Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thoughts on Ponygirls, Women and SL

I have really enjoyed my ponygirl, Biscuit and I have been doing some deep thinking about ponygirls.  There is something deep inside us that really craves order, structure, a firm hand an absence of responsibility and a sense of service.  I see it all of the time in people that come up to me, and of all of the attractions I think that it is the giving up of responsibility that is most attractive to them.  The daily grind, RL and SL of making decisions, of gaining or losing acceptance, status, fun, whatever - it can be a grind that wears us all down.  I find that those who are excited by the idea of a being a ponygirl love that their orders come from a whip and a bridle, that they get to live in a stall until called upon, and that they will be leashed and led where they need to go, told how to perform, and rewarded.  The idea that they get into the life through kidnapping, betrayal, or trickery takes responsibility for this from them - who can blame them for this?  Of course, it is all mental gymnastics - the truth is they are prey, animals, property and will be treated as such, and if they find joy, well, then they will give joy to those of us who hold the reins.  But I do think that we all would like to be held - it is just a question of the right person,the right story, the right situation that will give us 'permission' to be held.  I love the Summer Job story on Sir Jeff, The Reluctant Ponygirl, and Ponygirl Peril, as well as Nine Days with PeterPD art under picture stories and especially Last of the Amazons under picture stories.  To be captured, made over, and trained - what an amazing idea!  Now if only a strong, smart, good, rich black man had a thought......

Hugz y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is probably the most sensible explanation I have heard so far. Thanks for that. I love a clear cut and straight forward answer and this one speaks to me. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete