Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strictly, Harshly Training Biscuit the Ponygirl

Well, Biscuit has been looking for intensity lately and today I gave it to her.  I explained the snaffle bit to her, then bitted her and then blinkered her tightly.  She was GORGEOUS!  Don't you think?  With the sharp parts of the snaffle in her mouth she whimpered at each twitch of the reins in my hands,  but she learned very quickly to respond to my direction!  Two cracks of my whip on her bottom and she galloped until I pulled back on her reins, cutting her tongue and stopping her instantly.  Such fun!
So I took her to a new place, and carted her blinkered so she could not see - only hear my whip commands and feel the emotes of my reins on her bit.  she whinnied, called out - but I held her tightly.  All she could do was obey.  The snaffle caused a bit of bleeding, the whip reddened her bottom, and I was relelntless.  She spooked, a bit and we went into the water, but after a few tries and some calm words she managed to get us around quite well.  She settled and began to respond only to command, not to think, not to try and anticipate, but only obey, eagerly.  I kept her from seeing and talking and communicating, only the whip and reins and pain of her bit.  I think that strictness becomes her - don't you?





No comments:

Post a Comment